St Ita’s Hospital (formerly Portrane Asylum), POrtrane, CO. Dublin, is a large complex of c.70 buildings. The main complex, comprising of c.60 red brick buildings was built between 1896 and 1903 and are of significant architectural heritage importance.
The complex is built on an echelon plan with a central spine of service buildings linked by a hexagonal plan network of corridors to the outer hospital buildings. There are a number of ancillary buildings, constructed early 20th century which are also of significance. Many of the buildings are protected structures and the complex is located within an Architectural Conservation Area.